Have you ever found yourself on stage giving a keynote and found you are losing the audience? Perhaps you have not developed your attunement mindset to connect with your audience.
But, what does this mean and how can you achieve this?
Today, I’m talking to Nidhi Tewari about the benefits of an attunement mindset. Nidhi, who is based in Washington DC is a Keynote Speaker & Mental Health Expert.
Nidhi speaks to organizations and events about mental health, workplace well-being, and leadership.
Nidhi experienced a tragedy in her life In 2018 which affected her in all aspects of her life.
What she discovered was a lack of systems in place or understanding about how grief and mental health conditions can impact you in and out of work and so part of her journey has been to help leaders and teams to promote an environment of wellbeing.
Today Nidhi is going to give you key tips on the following:
- How to attune to your audience
- What can make you the best speaker
- Why storying is your strength
- Ways to maximize your value
- Tips to reassess your pitch
- Best ways to stop information stacking
Check out the episode now! And subscribe to get more episodes like this one!
Why an attunement mindset makes a great speaker
“Most people may not have heard of the word attunement.
An attunement mindset means you have to be able to anticipate and adapt to the needs of your client, so when you have this initial conversation with your client you should be doing some sort of needs assessment.
It’s helpful to really hone in and connect to the specific audience you’re going to be speaking to.
You really have to understand to some degree what their struggles are so you can assess them in your training.
I think that the best speakers are the ones who can whittle down a concept.
You want the audience to be able to come away with the things that are your biggest takeaways and they can’t do that if you are spewing information at them.
Look at value as a correlation to the efficiency with which we communicate that information.”
Nidhi @ TED 2022 A New Era
Take-aways you don’t want to miss
- The big life event that made Nidhi realise the need for her services
- What is your attunement mindset
- How you can create impact and change
- Ways to make your message resonate with your audience
- How you can turn things around and grab your audience’s attention
- How she died on stage – then turned it around
Some resources for you
- email@example.com – Nidhi’s Email Address
- www.wellbeingspeaker.com – Nidhi’s Website
- https://www.linkedin.com/in/nidhitewarilcsw/ – Nidhi’s LinkedIn profile page
Check out the episode today.
Other episodes available at trainingbusiness.com