Ever wonder how you can build more authentic and productive relationships at work? Great! We’ve got the very expert you need to hear!
This week’s guest is Dr. Todd Dewett, best-selling leadership author, educator, and speaker.
Todd decided to let go of a prestigious job in consulting and committed himself to earning a PhD in organizational behaviour.
Todd didn’t even know that when he finished there would be people out there wanting to speak about organizational behaviour.
But there were! Hundreds of potential consulting clients!
Today Todd is going to give you three tips, taken from his course to help you build more authentic and productive relationships at work.
- How you can establish two-way authenticity
- Why you should model behaviour
- How you can use mistakes to your advantage
Check out the episode now! And subscribe to get more episodes like this one!
Build productive relationships
I decided to take a jump to being an expert in the intersection or relationships and work.
It wasn’t clear to me until I started teaching these topics that in fact I’m a great communicator.
I’m good at expressing ideas and helping people see a point that needs to be seen but I didn’t know that I have that skill at the level that I have it.
People came to me and said: Todd, my team is crazy. I’m their manager and I tell them what to do but they don’t do it! I need help to build productive relationships!
Others would ask me how I can help them deal with a jerk at work who is not behaving appropriately.
My first big consulting customer was State Farm but one of the stories that I tell is about how I really blew it on stage with this first big client!
Take-aways you don’t want to miss
- Todd’s secrets to growing his brand
- Why you should ‘show your Ink’
- Ways you can be truly authentic
- How you can use modelling to get more impact
- Why you should make kindness a priority
- How to make your mistakes useful
- Ways you can build productive relationships
Some resources for you
- Dr Todd Dewett – Todd’s home page
- LinkTree – Links to training, talks, blogs newsletters and blogs from Todd
- Recommended reading – Delight your brain with fast, fun, and sound advice from Dr. Dewett
- LinkedIn – Todd’s LinkedIn profile
Check out the episode today.
Subscribe to get more episodes like this one! Other episodes available at trainingbusiness.com