So, you run a business by yourself? But, when all you can rely on is you to grow your business how can you make sure you have the right mindset and tools to make your business a success?
In this episode, Dan Weedin will tell you how you can grow your business.
Dan is a Risk Strategy expert specialising in helping other solopreneurs like you.
In this podcast, you’ll get that lightbulb moment that helps you to grow your business.
After listening to Dan you’ll be better equipped to manage all the extra things that come from running a business.
- How you market yourself
- Manage your financial risks and
- Other factors to give yourself the best chance for success.
He will give you the insight and advice you need to really think about all aspects of your business.
From all the back-office tasks you ignore or put to the back of your mind. Like taxes and cash flow
To the fun stuff. Such as marketing your business and making your investment in yourself a profitable one.
You will learn:
- How to hone your Entrepreneurial mindset
- What business questions you need to ask yourself
- The difference between your marketing & selling
- Why you need a solid marketing, operations & content plan
- How to grow your business
Check out the episode now! And subscribe to get more episodes like this one!
Get the mindset to REALLY grow your business
“A lot of solopreneur owners don’t know everything that it takes to actually run a company.
While you might be an expert in your field you also have to deal with what it takes to run a business.
And that’s everything from:
- How do you market your business?
- How do you market yourself?
- What type of insurance do you need to buy?
- Who should be your key team members?
- Do you need a bookkeeper?
- Do you need an accountant?
- What about your taxes?
And I guess I’d say and this was a mistake I made.
I think we all have made it, thinking I can do it. I don’t have to pay anybody.
But what’s your time worth?
So there’s a certain amount of you’ve got to bite. You have to invest in those tasks that you’re not good at. And those people exist.
There are other solo practitioners who are bookkeepers, who are insurance brokers, etc.
You can help them. They’re helping you. It’s not an expense, it’s an investment. So focus on the marketing, focus on your content, and find the people. That’s the focus.“
Take-aways you don’t want to miss
- How to have the mindset of a winner
- Ways to find your strengths for success
- Why the little things make big differences
- How you can succeed
- What you thought you knew about being an entrepreneur, but didn’t
Some resources for you
- LinkedIn – Dan’s LinkedIn Profile
- Back 9 Walking – Recommended reading
- Emerging Risk Solutions – Website and resources from Dan
- Finance foundations for solopreneurs – The LinkedIn training related to this episode
Check out the episode today.
RELATED BLOG POST
Read Again – Does your business need the expertise to grow that you just don’t have? Find out why if you might need an accountant
Listen Again – Find out how Gary Gormley left his 9 to 5 and designed his own consultant framework so you can too.
Other episodes available at trainingbusiness.com