Is your subconscious secretly sabotaging your business? My guest this week explains how goals are achieved through successful habits and thought processes.
My guest, Dr Jon Finn, is the Director and Founder of Tougher Minds.
Tougher Minds uses science-based training to reduce stress and improve brain performance. He runs his own certification programme and has a number of highly successful books under his belt including The Habit Mechanic.
In this week’s episode you’ll learn:
- Why Jon thinks certifying other trainers can make you money
- How to get your training in the door by pitching to employee forums
- Why Jon says research adds credibility to your coaching programs
Check out the episode now! And subscribe to get more episodes like this one!
What we currently do doesn’t work. Traditional coaching doesn’t work anymore. We need a different approach.Dr Jon Finn – How goals are achieved through simple behavioural changes
How goals are achieved through nine action factors
“It’s all about habits. And there’s a science to building better habits.
The essence of that, the core foundations of science are the nine action factors.
So, you have to design your training, the short-term delivery, and the long-term adaptation of what you want people to do differently, around those nine action factors, because they’re always in play.
So, if you’re training isn’t helping people to actually change their behaviour it’s been blocked by the nine action factors.
When you are when you learn what the natural factors are, you can unlock them and make it easier for people to actually do the things that are going to help them to do better.”
In essence what resilience is it’s noticing and then successfully planning to do something different.Dr Jon Finn – How goals are achieved through simple behavioural changes
What we mean by tougher minds
“Running your own business is possibly the hardest thing that you can do.
But if we want to be at our best all we can do, and this goes back to tougher minds, all tougher minds means is that most of what we’re doing most of the time or it’s nodding towards mindless, habitual behaviour.
Most of that instinctive behaviour is driven towards surviving and that means a lot of what we think and do can be really unhelpful and can get in the way of being our best in the world that we live in.
If we want to do better, we need to intercede and be a bit tougher on ourselves. That means being aware and noticing some of those unhelpful things that we’re doing, but also then planning to do a little bit better.”
Take-aways you do not want to miss
- The 9 action factors to delivering better training
- How to pitch to big-name organisations
- How to add credibility to your coaching programme
- The value of employee forums for your training
- How you can make money through a certification programme
- Switching your mindset to better serve your business
- The next steps Jon is taking to grow his business
- How you could use your skills to make more income
Some resources for you
- Website – Beyond Thank You
- LinkedIn – Connect with Jon
- Useful resources – Including the FREE app you can download
Check out the episode today
Like what you hear? Subscribe to get more episodes like this one!