Today Lorraine K. Lee tells you how you can make an impact with a killer presentation and how presentation skills training tips can help you be a memorable presenter.
Lorraine is a top-rated virtual keynote speaker and leader at the intersection of editorial and tech.
She helps professionals accelerate their careers and stand out in the virtual office and is the Head of Editorial at Prezi.
In this week’s episode you’ll learn:
- How to make your presentation stand out
- Presentation skills you need and how you can develop them
- Why how you present is just as important as the presentation itself.
Check out the episode now! And subscribe to get more episodes like this one!
Presentation skills are career-boosting
“I think presentations are just such a staple of the business world, and they are not something that is going away anytime soon.
They might take different formats, a different look and feel, or a different style. For example, when we all went virtual, we all had to learn how to present virtually.
But I just think it is such a staple and so important if you can speak well, if you can know how to present your content, your argument, and your message.
It just goes such a long way in advancing your career and in helping you to get noticed by senior leaders.”
Visual communication is going to be the best way to get your message across, to be memorable.Lorraine K. Lee – How I create presentation skills training.
Movement is the gateway to attention
“If we are watching an action movie, for example, we are so tuned in, there’s so much happening, there is so much to look at.
When we see a presentation, and someone is sitting on their slide for ten minutes, and nothing has moved, it is just a cue to tune out.
Our brain gets used to things very quickly. So, if something has not changed, we are going to get bored.
And so movement is really that key. But there is just not enough of that, especially in a virtual environment.
We need, even more, to keep people’s attention because there is so much other stuff going on that is distracting.”
Making a great online course tidbit.
“Something that is concise is really important and something that’s really actionable.
I’m all about actionable tips because our time is so valuable, you want to give people something that they can start on right away and start working on right away.”
Take-aways you do not want to miss
- How to recapture your audience’s attention
- What makes a great online course
- The value to you of including recaps
- How to show effort in your visual and virtual presence
- How you can use asynchronous communication to your advantage
- Why prepping is something your audience needs too.
Some resources for you
- The Website – Lorraine’s dedicated website
- LinkedIn – Connect with Lorraine
- YouTube – Further courses and learning from our speaker
- Maven – Unlock Your Virtual-First Advantage
Check out the episode today
Like what you hear? Subscribe to get more episodes like this one!