Today Sara Canaday tells you how to grow your knowledge and business without wasting loads of money and time.
Sara is a recognized expert in leadership training.
She helps people identify barriers preventing them from taking their careers—and their companies—to the next level.
In this week’s episode:
- How to invest in success coaches and programmes wisely
- Why you should meet your clients where they are, not where you want them to be
- Why you should be attracting businesses, not individuals.
Check out the episode now! And subscribe to get more episodes like this one!
The minute I started spending some money on getting help…that’s when my business started to take off.Sara Canaday – How I sell leadership training
The leadership training overload
“Something I see all too often is that people who either want to start a business or grow the business spend too much time on [success coaches and programmes].
It almost becomes easier to work through a success programme or work with some sort of a coach, than to just start doing what you need to do.
Most people know what they need to do.
The money that you would spend on a success coach can be used to actually hire somebody to do some of the things you need to do, because you cannot do it all.
I saw people go to programmes and stay in those programmes way longer than they should have committed and spend more money than they should have.
For some people, it’s a fear of jumping in and just doing it instead of being in a programme.”
You’re really trying to speak to the people that will hire you.Sara Canaday – How I sell leadership training
Getting your message to the right people
“For some people, it overwhelms them, they think it’s not worth it, and they see very little traction, but it just takes time.
It all starts with, not just putting out your own content, but responding to other people’s content and adding your take on things, maybe retweeting others’ content with some comments and support so that people see that you are trying to put out useful content, but you’re also engaging as well.
You don’t expect it to be a one-way street.”
Take-aways you don’t want to miss
- How to get your message to the right people
- Where to find the right audience
- The importance of staying up to date
- How to avoid getting stuck in a leadership training rut
- Where you might be wasting your time and money
- Ways you can give yourself credibility
Some resources for you
- The Website – Sara’s dedicated webiste
- LinkedIn – Connect with Sara
- Books – Recommended reading written by today’s speaker
- Leadership Exclusives – LinkedIn newsletter by Sara Canaday
Check out the episode today
Subscribe to get more episodes like this one!