It seems obvious, right? But as my guest this week knows, not a lot of leaders know how to show appreciation of employees, and his training on this seemingly simple idea has grown into big business.
My guest this week is Christopher Littlefield, founder of Beyond Thank You.
Chris’s company trains leaders across the world in how to create cultures where people feel valued every day.
Chris is an international keynote and TEDx speaker, author and has been featured in the Harvard Business Review.
In this week’s episode you’ll learn:
- Practical insight into Chris’s framework
- How to establish yourself in a loud market
- Methods to creating a business that supports your life values
Plus so much more in this value packed episode.
Check out the episode now! And subscribe to get more episodes like this one!
Your best sales pitch is people getting to experience you.Christopher Littlefield – Why it’s important to show your appreciation of employees
“Anybody who’s in this business knows no one’s going to come to you. And so you’ve got to go out there and you’ve got to be seen and think about how you can contribute, how you can add value, how you can do something that makes a difference for other people.
So, for me, that was finding ways to reach out to companies and say, ‘Hey, I’m here in town, here’s what I do. Can I offer a free program to a group of your clients? Can I come and do a free lunch and learn for you?’
And I think anybody who’s starting out in this world, you’ve got to think about how you contribute, and how you can be of service to somebody else…then once you’re of service then people get an experience of you.
I’m sure, as hundreds of other people on this podcast have shared, your best sales pitch is people getting to experience you, and getting to experience that feeling of being there and being really good at what you do, and also just being in there and being a kind of person that people want to interact with.“
Research is so important. Look at Gallup, look at Qualtrics look at every single one of these platforms.Christopher Littlefield – Why it’s important to show your appreciation of employees
The simplicity of appreciation of employees
I realised that, yes, recognition is important, but why is it we don’t do it?
And I uncovered this whole unconscious relationship to recognition that nobody had talked about before, that gets the way of that person.
‘I know, I should recognise my spouse’, ‘I know I should recognise my employee’, ‘I know I should speak up’.
But why don’t we do it?”
Take-aways you do not want to miss
- The importance of giving and receiving recognition
- How you can run a business and speak on topics close to your heart
- The Marshals 100 coaches community, what it is and its value to you
- Why your research is so important
- How Chris got started in employee appreciation training
- Successful channels you can use to reach your audience
- The benefit of having a team supporting you
- The power of acknowledgment
- How to create a life that supports your values
Some resources for you
- Website – Beyond Thank You
- LinkedIn – Connect with Christopher
- YouTube – Loads of useful videos on communication and more
Check out the episode today
Like what you hear? Subscribe to get more episodes like this one!