You often hear business owners or busines leaders talk about their vision. Their vision for the consultancy that they want to grow.
- How they’re going to get there.
- When they’re going to get there
- What it’s going to be like when they get there.
What about you?
- Have you a vision for your business ?
- Have you written it down?
- What are the constituent parts?
- Have you built it together with anyone ?
- Have you shared it with anyone?
- How often do you refer to it?
- Does it fit on one page or even two pages?
Today, we’re going to chat about the vision you have for your consultancy and this is big, bold stuff.
It’s going to get you thinking about the possibilities you have what it’s going to look like when you arrive.
Check out the episode now!
Vision first. Plan second.
Some of the guests I have had over the years have had a clear vision about the kind of training, facilitation or coaching consultancy that they want to build.
Guests such as:
Shawn Callahan of Anecdote
Adrian Moorhouse of Lane 4
Craig Ross of Verus
Stephanie and Russell Watkins of Sempai
Nick Smallman of Working Voices
Jo-Ellen Grzyb of Impact Factory
Karen Winfield of PD Training
And they built a business plan around that clear vision.
Take-aways you don’t want to miss
- Why you need a business vision you can communicate
- How your values will support that vision
- How to build a plan into 10 yr, 5yr, 3 yr timeframes
- Why focusing on a niche makes good business sense
- Which kinds of metrics will help make the plan a reality
Some resources for you
Traction – Entrepreneurial Operating System by Gino Wickman
One Page Business Plan – Jim Horan’s simple business planning methodology
The Vision Driven Leader – Michael Hyatt’s system for scaling your business
The Lean Startup = Eric Ties on innovating quickly and often